Feedback on advanced search
We'd appreciate your feedback comments so that we can continue to improve the website and the information we provide.
Advanced search help
Explanation of key features
There are three inter-related elements that contribute to the functionality of advanced search. They are:
- This feature takes place before the Show Results button is pressed.
- It aimes to aid the user's search experience because the user knows how many search results to expect before conducting the search.
Ability to combine free text with one or more key filters.
- This feature gives users more precise or fine-grain control over the guidelines they wish to view.
- This feature applies to the free text field.
- It allows users to combine various logical operators with one or more text fields.
Boolean search rules in detail
- To achieve logical AND - type a search word followed by space or comma then another search word. You can have as many search terms in this fashion.
- To achieve logical OR - type search word followed by OR then another search word.
- To achieve logical NOT, prefix search word with - (negative symbol or dash).
- Search phrases are groupings of several search terms.
- To create search phrases, place two or more words in double quotes .
- With respect to logical AND, logical OR and logical NOT, search phrases are treated as one search term.
- Any symbols used between double quotes are treated as text only and lose their usual meaning (eg, OR, '-', etc).
|Boolean operator AND||AND searches for documents containing both words/phrases in any order.||cancer NSW|
|Boolean operator OR||OR searches for documents containing either word/phrase, possibly both.||cancer OR NSW|
|Boolean operator NOT||NOT searches for the first word to the exclusion of the second word/phrase.||cancer -NSW|
|Quotation marks||Results are limited to the exact word/phrase when it is enclosed in quotes.||"acute coronary syndrome"|
|Combination||Combinations of Boolean operators and quotes can be used. There is no limit to how many search filters can be included in such queries.||"acute coronary syndrome" management|
To subscribe using Internet Explorer 6:
Right-click on the News Feed link and select "Copy Shortcut" or "Copy Link Location" to copy the location URL and then
Paste it into the appropriate place in your RSS reader.
Follow the instructions for your particular news reader.